New York, NY, June 7, 2023 – Smartling, a leading translation management system (TMS), and Custom.MT, a machine translation platform, today announced a technological partnership integrating their solutions for enhanced machine translation coverage.
Benefits to users
- Through the integration of Custom.MT’s Console, Smartling users will gain access to an extended range of leading machine translation brands, including the following:
- ChatGPT & GPT-4 – for translation with specific instructions
- PangeaMT – specialists in data anonymization
- ModernMT – adaptive versatile MT that offers 200 languages
- Tencent – one of the leading Asian MT brands
- TextShuttle – the leading Swiss MT brand
- Globalese – easily customizable European brand
- XL8 – subtitle translation specialist for films & TV series
- and others
The partnership with Custom.MT extends Smartling’s machine translation coverage, and the TMS is able to offer our clients unprecedented choice and flexibility in MT, strengthening the leadership position in translation management.
- The integration allows for innovative configurations – for example, chaining neural networks, improving source text quality with ChatGPT, and then translating with ModernMT.
- Another example: users can integrate TAUS Quality Estimation to assign confidence scores to translated sentences and reduce their spending on machine translation review.
- The Custom.MT console introduces a new level of versatility in machine translation, with the ability to apply different engines and settings across various domains such as marketing and legal. This bespoke approach to MT offers companies the opportunity to align their translations with specific business needs.
- In addition, Custom.MT features a function to automatically evaluate which engine is best suited for translating your content.
- Custom.MT engineers design and implement custom tag-handling pipelines to effectively process user-specific tags and shortcodes.
- Machine translation providers that do not yet have a Smartling integration can now easily connect with this TMS via Custom.MT.
Custom.MT provides these integrations at an affordable price point, democratizing access to MT technology.
“The integration with Smartling, a leading TMS, brings Custom.MT to a new level,” said Konstantin Dranch, CEO of Custom.MT. “Our purpose is to help localization teams apply AI. And by becoming available in the platforms that localization teams use, we can help them better.”